The most important person in your life should be you. Because without you, your life doesn’t exist.
So you should always be sure to look after number one. Help others, yes, but realize that it’s okay to be selfish every now and then, to take time for your own health and well-being. It’s perfectly fine to say no to things that bore or drain you.
For the purpose of this exercise, think of yourself as a machine. Like any machine, you need regular maintenance if you want to produce optimum results. Neglect yourself for a while and you’ll see your results start to suffer.
Here are a few ways you can be good to yourself:
- Eat healthy
- Get adequate sleep
- Take time to think
- Take time to have fun, to laugh
- Determine your life purpose and work towards fulfilling it
- Be honest with yourself and others
- Invest in yourself regularly (read, learn, save)
- Do what you love and love what you do
- Accept gifts graciously
- Attract great relationships and kill destructive ones
Please feel free to share other ways you can be good to yourself in the comments. I’d love to hear from you.