This is the second episode of The Foundations of Entrepreneurship. The goal of the series is to learn about the fundamental building blocks of business and entrepreneurship.
Today I’m bringing you a fascinating conversation on mindset with Dane Maxwell of The Foundation.
I stumbled upon Dane’s business teachings a year ago, and he immediately resonated with me because he was willing to be very open and express vulnerability, something extremely rare for an entrepreneur. The more of his content and interviews I’ve seen in the past twelve months, the more I’ve become convinced that he’s the real deal. So much so that I’ve applied for The Foundation myself this year and I’ll happily drop several thousand dollars to join if accepted.
I consider Dane to be an expert when it comes to entrepreneurial mindset and limiting beliefs. He gives lots of great examples in the interview of how successful entrepreneurs see the world, and we also get into identifying and reversing the common limiting beliefs that hold people back.
I literally had a “holy-shit-aha” moment while recording this interview, and there’s a pretty good chance you’ll experience similar while watching it.
Uncut interview (60m)
Jump to a topic
- Dane’s origin story (and the book that changed his life)
- The #1 thing in entrepreneurship (most people completely neglect this)
- The difference between a newbie and an all-star entrepreneur
- The very first thing to do as an entrepreneur
- How Dane went from $5k to $40k a month
- “The greatest money-maker online that I’ve ever seen”
- Minimalistic Selling (how little can you get away with?)
- How to view the world like a millionaire
- Where confidence really comes from
- The most common limiting beliefs entrepreneurs struggle with
- Entrepreneurs: here’s how to clear your limiting beliefs
- Where freedom comes from
- Sell like a gladiator (here’s how)
- What is The Foundation?
3 Key Takeaways
My three key takeaways from this interview, with a focus on action. (Remember: doers get rewarded.)
- Mindset is everything, s0 level it up! I’m challenging you right now to go out and make contact with at least three people who are one or two levels above you in terms of business mindset. Give yourself a week to do it, but get started today. No ask, no get.
- Surround yourself with people who believe in you. Confidence comes from having close, personal relationships with people who believe in you. As such, start a Mastermind group with some like-minded friends or associates. Help and encourage each other regularly.
- Be vulnerable. Something Dane didn’t talk about, but you can see in the interview that he’s a great example of how allowing yourself to be vulnerable can be a strength, not a weakness. Drop the ego and let people see the real you, warts and all. You’ll ooze authenticity and attract more like-minded people.
Jump on my Business & Entrepreneurship list below, and I’ll give you a heads up when I publish my next interview, this one with Sebastian Marshall on how to be a productivity machine and get lots of important shit done.
By signing up you’ll also receive any additional content I publish related to business and entrepreneurship, including my detailed monthly reports on how I earn and spend my money (September report is dropping this weekend).
If you enjoyed the interview…
Please make my day by doing the following…
- Subscribe to my channel on YouTube.
- Share this post on your favorite social network (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Oh, and last thing: Thanks a mil to my buddy Emmett Cooke for providing background music for the interview. Check out more of his work at soundtrack.ie.