On December 20th I sent out an email blast to my Travel Ninjas mailing list (sign up here). In it I offered personal coaching for the first time ever.
The price: $1,000 for one month of coaching.
I ended up getting two serious applicants and picked one to work with. We’ve already gotten started, my goal being to help him make giant strides towards becoming fully self-employed and location independent.
I’m delighted that I was able to land a $1,000 coaching client on my first try, and below I wanted to share with you my exact email pitch so you can see what worked for me.
But first, a few caveats:
- My pitch went out to 415 people, and 281 (68%) of them opened the email. Out of those 281, I only had two serious applicants. I was aiming for three or four.
- Both applicants had been following my blog for a long time already, so they were familiar with my story and what I’m all about. The pitch alone wasn’t what sold them.
- I’m by no means a successful coach just yet. The hard work is still very much ahead, as I now have to come through and deliver massive value for my client. I’ll be working my ass off these next few weeks to earn that $1k.
Here’s a copy of my plaintext email pitch (pretend your name is Atticus)…
I’m going to change your life next month (guaranteed)
You need only read on if you’re currently stuck in a job you hate and want nothing more than to break free and travel the world while working for yourself online.
Because this January I’m looking to help one person do exactly that.
Basically, I’ll become your personal coach, mentor, cheerleader, and accountability partner. We’ll Skype twice a week and exchange unlimited emails. You’ll have access to my network and expertise, no holds barred. Together we’ll figure out and execute a solid escape plan, so you can get started living the digital nomad lifestyle (much like I’ve been doing for three years now).
What do you say?
Ready to take massive action and change your life forever?
I certainly hope so.
Should we end up doing this together, you’ll be my one and only coaching client. I thought about taking on several but I know the results will be much better if I’m focused entirely on you.
$1000 for the month.
And rest assured that I offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If by February you don’t feel that you’re well on your way to becoming a digital nomad, I’ll issue you a full refund. (Remember, part of the reason I’m giving up my $4k-a-month passive income stream is because I want to be paid for delivering real value to the world. So if my coaching doesn’t get you real results, I don’t want your money.)
That said, this coaching offer isn’t a good fit for everyone. You should only consider taking me up on it if…
- You’re seriously committed to making a big life change
- You’re willing to work hard and develop new skills
- You’re willing to explore your limiting beliefs and face some hard truths
It doesn’t matter where you’re from, if you’re male or female, young or old. And you don’t have to be super-savvy with the computation machines either. We’ll focus on your strengths and build up complimentary skills as necessary.
If you’re excited about this and want in, hit reply and tell me four things:
- Who you are
- Your current situation
- Your dream situation one year from now
- How you fit the three criteria I mentioned above (seriously committed, etc.)
The deadline for applications is December 24th at 11:59pm, so be sure to get back to me before then. I want to have time to Skype with you before the end of December to be sure we’re a good match before sealing the deal. Then we’ll get started shaking things up as soon as the new year dawns.
Exciting times, Atticus! Looking forward to hearing from you.
P.S. If you have any questions, hit me back asap. I’ll be hopping aboard a 40-hour train across China Saturday afternoon and won’t have access to email again until Monday.